Gah! It’s been a couple of weeks now and my cough’s not getting any better and right now I can’t breathe properly as I write this post and I’ve got a verse.
I can’t breathe.
I can’t sleep.
I can’t think.
Not with you. Not with yoooooou.
This haze is killing me in more ways than one and the frustrating part is that I’ve not run since last week Tuesday; which bugs me a lot since I’ve gotta prep for my very first 16.8km run in end August.
Anyways, I’ve got a few remedies that I’m trying now since Western meds are not working. Here are some things you could try if you’re faced with a persistent cough like mine:
Belimbing Juice plus Honey with a Drop of Propolis
- Squeeze the juice out of 4 belimbing fruit
- Mix in some honey
- Top it up with water
- Add a drop of propolis for good measure
- Chug it all down slowly
That seemed to help me a lot at my buddy’s J-son. I’ve got a stash of belimbing fruit now and will give that a shot over the next few days.
Toasted Orange with Salt
- Um… this one is something that my mom recommends altho’ I personally don’t like the taste as much as the belimbing honey combo
- Basically what you do is slice the top of an orange
- Toast it for a bit in an oven toaster till its brown and you can smell an aroma.
- Then you EAT IT with salt as a dip!!!! Mua ha ha ha ha!
I’m also taking some traditional Chinese cough syrup which has been helpful somewhat. I don’t even know the name of the brand but here’s a pic of the packaging.
So there you go. Three remedies (including the traditional cough mixture) for the cough in you. Ta da! I think I’m going ke-ra-zee from this cough.
P.S. At the time of writing I was coughing badly but I’m better now. Those remedies must work!