I’m thankful for the mornings I have with God. It makes a huge difference to start the day off that way and I am constantly reminded that God’s more interested in me than what I do.
At times it does seem counter-productive to start the day off this way but wouldn’t it be arrogant to think that we can take on all that life throws at us without Him? I recognise the bankruptcy of myself without God and that we are precious only because God has given each of us intrinsic value & purpose; after all He was the one who made us. Here’s what David wrote in a Psalm about God’s careful eye as He made each one of us.
For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.
Here’s why my mornings with God are so precious:
- I am comforted in my struggles by His Presence.
- I get guidance from His Word.
- I can pour out all that’s in my heart to Him (the challenges in my life, my frustrations, my hopes, my dreams & more)
- I have opportunity to pray for those that I care for.
- I learn daily how to hear from Him through words & songs that He places in my heart as I quiet down (I’m still learning how to do this; am not very good at it yet tho’)
Why don’t you take a minute today to quiet down before God? Or better yet build the discipline of spending time with Him daily. It really does make a difference.